blogger

Sunday, September 10, 2006

With the origin of my "grids"

How did I come from there to the graphic vocabulary which I use? This question is often asked to me...

In the Nineties, I worked which occurred Matignon, bellow of the "Champs Elysées" in Paris. A district of galleries which I often visited as well as the Artcurial bookshop which was then located at the 9 of the Matignon avenue.

One day, at the time of a visit flash, my eye is attracted by a work which I did not know. This work appears very interesting to me, all in transparencies, in camaieux of white/beige/gray which evoke at once in me a feeling of space and plenitude. I approach to note - I smell myself then a little stupid - what it is not a question of a work but of an air-conditioning or ventilation grille! One is in full speech of Marcel Duchamp... It is the place, the setting in scene, which pushed me to take for a work an object of most ordinary.

The "evil" is made. Consequently, I will start to work this set of themes to find this environment, these lights, and to try to make share this poetic dimension around me.

From return to the house, I will paint my first grid, which I always have.


Without title, 1992, H80 X L80
Mixed technique on canvas (acrylic and plasters)
This painting is not to sell

0 Commentaires:

Post a Comment

<< Home